The leadership of AWSB is entrusted to a Board of Directors. Whereas the role of Management is to promote or enable the organization to run smoothly; the role of leadership is to promote adaptive or useful changes. Governance is an important element of leadership. The current Directors possess a mix of skills in leadership and management.
Specifically, the Board is mandated to:
- Provide leadership in the management of the organization and in particular articulating the goals of the organization and planning how these goals will be achieved;
- Ensure that good Corporate Governance is integrated at all levels of the organization;
- Provide guidance to management in the development of policy in key result areas of the organization; approving policy and ensuring management compliance with the Board’s approved policy;
- Approve organizational structures and staff complement;
- Monitor management and corporate performance against the Strategic Plans and Budgets approved by the Board.
- Nurture positive relations with Stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory framework for the organization.
The Board plans to build a strong institution capable of discharging its mandate effectively. This will require focusing on leadership and governance ; human resource development; technological resources and operational systems, including the integration of information communication technology.